What should I do if my wallet is lost or stolen?
If your wallet has been lost or stolen, take the following actions:
- Call the three major credit reporting agencies (Equifax: 1-800-685-1111, Experian: 1-888-397-3742 and Trans Union: 1-800-888-4213) and ask them to immediately place a Fraud Alert on your name and Social Security number. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.
- Notify the SSN national fraud hotline at 1-800-269-0271.
- To report your Debit MasterCard® or ATM Card lost or stolen, please call us at 781-784-7725 or (toll free) 1-877-661-3300 during business hours. After business hours please call 1-800-264-5578.
- To report your Sharon Credit Union VISA® Credit Card lost or stolen call 1-877-875-8078.
- File a police report the same day, if at all possible, in the jurisdiction where your wallet was stolen.
This answer has been viewed 740 times.