Job Openings: Member Service Representative
|Announcement Date:||July 3, 2020|
|Location of Position:||TBD|
|Hours:||Hours include evenings and Saturday.|
In the absence of the Branch Manager, acts as back-up to oversee all branch operations. Backs up Head Teller as required. Opens & closes the branch. Handles after-hours alarm calls. Performs a broad variety of member services such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificate & IRA accounts, loan closings, as well as assists members with bookkeeping and account problems. Adheres to all Credit Union policies & procedures and meets all regulatory compliance requirements. Answers member questions regarding Credit Union services, and performs a variety of account maintenance & report preparation. Participates in sales objectives & meets or exceeds sales goals by recommending and cross selling products and services. Assists members and staff with problems, and responds to telephone inquiries & transactions promptly.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of member service functions.
- Presents, explains, and recommends Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts. Rents Safety Deposit Boxes. Conducts loan interviews & loan closings. Performs file maintenance, account changes, orders checks for member accounts, accepts stop payments, and completes payroll deductions and authorization forms. Renews, updates and maintains certificate & IRA accounts.
- Answers questions and solves problems for members by collecting data, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party. Receives and directs member calls efficiently. Solves member bookkeeping and checking account problems, as well as handle difficult situations.
- Assists manager with scheduling, as well as monthly sales & loan reports, record-keeping, and record retention. Also assists manager with meeting all sales goals and credit union initiatives.
- Responsible for all branch operations in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Follows all established Credit Union policies & procedures, and adheres to all compliance regulations, including but not limited to: Privacy/GLB, Reg. CC, CRA, Fair Lending, BSA/AML/PATRIOT/OFAC/CIP.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
- Resolves member requests and questions promptly, courteously, and professionally.
- Keeps informed of Credit Union services and policies & relays info appropriately to members.
- Maintains and projects Credit Union's professional image & reputation.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of member account information.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with area personnel and management.
- Assists area and other Credit Union personnel as required, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Keeps manager informed of area activities and significant problems.
- Provides guidance, supervision, and training to staff.
- Attends training and meetings as required.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Actively and professionally cross-sells credit union products & services.
- Performs related supervisory, clerical, and teller duties as needed.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secured, and well maintained.
- Disburses cash, and assists with branch settlement, A1M settlement, and other head teller functions.
- Member services functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, and standards, as well as compliance & security procedures.
- Good business relations exist with members. Member problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved. Effective assistance is provided with member problems.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and management. Appropriate assistance is provided to area staff as an immediate supervisor with effective supervisory skills. Manager is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports, records, and quality of work are neat, accurate, complete, and timely.
- The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Good understanding of member services and products provided. Understanding of member bookkeeping procedures.
- Related office experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and other business equipment including 1O key and telephone.
- Solid math and bookkeeping abilities.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to Sharon Credit Union in person or by mail to:
Sharon Credit Union
30 Pond Street
Sharon, MA 02067