Job Openings: Branch Manager
|Announcement Date:||July 3, 2020|
|Location of Position:||TBD|
|Hours:||Hours include evenings and Saturday.|
The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, with 7 or less employees with deposits less than 25 million dollars including operations, lending, product sales, member service, regulatory compliance, and security and safety in accordance with the Credit Union's objectives. Develops new deposit and loan business; provides a superior level of member relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Provides leadership, training and supervision; delegates day-to-day operations to appropriate branch personnel, and ensures that established polices and procedures are followed. Responsible for active participation in sales management and officer call programs, including the CUSO cooperative. Participates in community affairs to increase the Credit Union's visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities. May perform other management capacities and duties as directed by the Branch Administrator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient performance of all Branch operations.
- Supervises scheduling and organizes workflow of daily routine operations.
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and that all legal and regulatory compliance requirements are met.
- Ensures Branch security in accordance with security procedures and tests security equipment as directed.
- Acts as a Loan Officer, processing and closing member loans within established policies and limits.
- Supervises and assists with all member service functions. Cross-sells Credit Union services, and oversees the sales program in the Branch.
- Implements changes to established policy and procedures within the Branch.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining proper cash controls.
- Ensures that all Branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day.
- Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists tellers in resolving balancing problems.
- Maintains safeguards for established limits, and observes all Credit Union policies and procedures regarding the securing of cash including dual control where applicable.
- Audits cash in possession of tellers and branch cash on the premises as directed by the Branch Administrator.
Effectively supervises Branch staff, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting and communication.
- Directly supervises all Branch personnel. Ensures that high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks. Communicates progress on staff participation in the Credit Union's sales objectives.
- Conducts regular meetings with Branch employees to inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure.
- Attends training and regular meetings with Branch Management staff and communicates and coordinates activities.
- Ensures that personnel are well trained in all phases of their respective jobs. Completes orientation of new employees in overall Branch procedures. Performs cross training as necessary. Conducts and oversees On the-Job security training and regulatory compliance training including but not limited to: GLB/Privacy, Securing Information, BSA/AML/PATRIOT/CIP/OFAC, Reg. CC., Security, CRA & Fair Lending Laws.
- Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used. Determines appropriate staffing levels.
- Tracks individual progress and conducts performance appraisals on each employee. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends promotions for employees as appropriate. Provides leadership training to employees seeking management opportunities.
- Approves all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time cards for each Branch employee. Keeps accurate payroll and attendance records.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
- Ensures that all members' requests and questions are promptly resolved. Handles members' complaints.
- Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union services and policies. Counsels members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
- Ensures excellence in service standards and effectively participates in business & sales call programs.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is maintained and projected.
Assumes responsibility for the effective administration of Branch functions.
- Ensures that Branch operations are well coordinated with other departments including training, compliance, accounting, consumer loan processing, mortgage and equity processing, operations, collections and credit functions.
- Manages and oversees expenses. Pursues cost-saving measures.
- Seeks ways to improve Branch operations and productivity to meet established goals.
- Prepares Branch reports and makes recommendations to management for improvements.
- Ensures that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out. Maintains branch in good physical condition and professional image.
- Ensures that adequate supplies, forms, and equipment are available for personnel.
- Institutes prudent safety measures in accordance with the Credit Union's Policies & Procedures.
- Keeps management informed of Branch activities, and progress toward established objectives. Notifies management of any significant problems, and requests assistance when necessary.
Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
- Fills in and performs duties in Branch position as needed.
- Attends assigned training sessions and stays current on new operational procedures.
- Current member accounts are maintained or expanded and additional ones solicited. Good business relationships exist with members and their questions and problems are promptly resolved. Sales objectives are met.
- Branch personnel are well trained and efficient, and their activities well coordinated.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Management is appropriately informed of branch activities and of any significant problems. Suggestions are provided for improved efficiency or effectiveness in operations.
- Good working relationships exist with Credit Union personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Branch transactions, loan volumes, expenses, and profitability are in line with Credit Union standards.
- Regulatory Compliance is effective and observed in the branch, including but not limited to: GLB/Privacy, Securing Information, BSA/AML/PATRIOT/CIP/OFAC, Reg. CC., Security, CRA & Fair Lending Laws. Accountability of violations is well documented.
- Associates degree from an accredited college required, 4-year degree from a college or university preferred.
- Understanding of Credit Union's philosophy & field of membership. Thorough knowledge of all Credit Union services and products.
- Comprehensive understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Familiarity with Branch functions, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of managerial & leadership techniques.
- 1-3 years of progressively increasing supervisory responsibility in a branch office of a credit union or financial institution.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, and supervisory skills. Sound judgment and decision making capabilities.
- Well organized with the ability to perform detailed work.
- Proficient in operating computer related applications and related business equipment. Skilled in maintaining an efficient and practical workflow.
- Enterprising ability to plan & project outcomes Use of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and make decisions. Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables.
- Ability to compute calculations such as interest, penalties, profit and loss, ratio, proportion, and percentage. Able to perform very simple algebra.
- Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, legal documents, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports conforming to prescribed format and all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Ability to conduct training, facilitate meetings, communicate at panel discussions and make professional presentations.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to Sharon Credit Union in person or by mail to:
Sharon Credit Union
30 Pond Street
Sharon, MA 02067