Job Openings: Consumer Lender
|Announcement Date:||April 16, 2019|
|Location of Position:||Sharon Corporate Office, 30 Pond Street, Sharon, MA 02067|
General Summary: Assists members with consumer loan financing requests for all consumer loan products. Applications taken verbally, electronically or paper application. Inputs direct loan applications in the processing system, reviews supporting documentation and decisions consumer loans. File maintains all documents in the processing system, updates rates, and assists in the update of automatic decision matrixes’. Reviews and underwrites electronic applications, inclusive of web applications. Directly responsible for the review, underwriting and decisioning of indirect loans received from dealerships, Dealertrack and additional sources. Reviews documentation received from Dealerships after each closing to ensure the accuracy and consistency of all transactions, conditions and documentation. Works with dealerships in obtaining missing or incomplete documentation. Organization and set-up of indirect loan files. Assists in the reconciliation of Indirect Lending General Ledger accounts. Maintains all reports for Indirect Lending. Interacts with borrowers, member service representatives, dealerships, and vendors from the loan request to the booking of all consumer loan products. Assists the call center with phone applications and consumer loan questions. Responsible for the continuation of the growth of the consumer lending portfolio. Assists in the mortgage and servicing department functions as directed by Supervisor.
Reports to: Consumer Lending Manager/ Chief Lending Officer
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Provide financial counseling to members.
- Assists members with financing requests for all direct and indirect consumer loan products.
- Process, underwrite and make loan decisions on all phone applications, internet, and indirect consumer products including secured auto loans, recreational vehicles, unsecured personal loans, credit cards, overdraft protection accounts, Mass Save Heat and Mass Solar loan products. Collect all documentation for a completed loan file and to support the loan decision.
- Coordinate and schedule loan closings for all branches and DocuSign with borrowers.
- Execute loan documents and archive for closings.
- Disburse funds for loan closings when applicable.
- Assists other underwriters with questions and members with issues.
- Reviews loan files received from Dealers to ascertain accuracy. Underwrites and decisions indirect loans, notification to dealerships of status.
- Reviews the indirect loan files when closing documents are returned to determine if additional information is needed or corrections to the closing documents. Ensures accuracy of the documents. Upload indirect loans to Host system.
- Process and decision (within authority levels) Business Auto & secured collateral applications. Collect all documentation for a completed loan file and to support the loan decision.
- Provides loan support to Call Center by assisting members in taking consumer loan and equity product applications over the phone, answering consumer loan questions and status of loan applications.
- Assist in the review of the Denial Report on a weekly basis and process and send out Adverse Action notices.
- Review the Withdrawn Report on a monthly basis. Gather data and report on any trends.
- Review branch Pipeline Report. Provide assistance and guidance on difficult loan decisions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts pertaining to Indirect Lending. Maintains weekly or monthly reconciliation reports for Indirect Lenders.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and provides EOM reports to Accounting and Senior Officers.
- Assists in the periodic Website Review for Marketing department.
- Assists in the maintenance of Titles for all loans with electronic titling with VINtek Inc. Contacts other lending institutions regarding status of titles. Reviews accuracy of titles upon receipt. Administers corrective action for missing or inaccurate information on titles.
- Continuance review of Credit Union policy and procedures. Incorporating any changes in compliance within areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Lending operating /processing system. Updating rates, products, and reports.
- Assist in periodic review of booked Business vehicle loans tax returns and financial statements. Assist in the writing of credit memos, spreadsheets and recommendations.
- Assist with Home Equity Products.
- Assist in the training of new personnel on consumer lending products and LOS.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Provide assistance to the Consumer Loan Manager.
- Minimum of 1 year of Direct and/or indirect lending experience preferred.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to represent the Credit Union in a positive manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficient clerical and typing skills.
- Broad knowledge of departmental operations and procedures.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to Sharon Credit Union in person or by mail to:
Sharon Credit Union
30 Pond Street
Sharon, MA 02067